ZAP Bites: Warm Up with a White Chicken Chili Recipe
Cold nights, leaves falling, sweaters and football…all of those things equal chili Sundays at my house! Chili is most popular in its traditional red form, but this White Chicken version is rich, creamy and comforting, plus it’s one of my husband’s all-time favorites. Below is the recipe. Get cozy and enjoy!
White Chicken Chili
- 2 cups boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded (can be prepared anyway you like or simply pull the meat off a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store)
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium yellow pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh jalapeno
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 (7 oz) can diced green chilies
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (15 oz) can cream-style corn
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 (15 oz) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- chopped fresh cilantro, for serving
- 1 1/2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- tortilla chips, for serving (optional)
Heat olive oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, pepper, jalapeno and cook, stirring often until onion is softened about 3 to 4 minutes. Add cumin, paprika, oregano, coriander, corn, green chilies, milk, beans and season with salt & pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in the chicken. Stir in the cheddar cheese and serve immediately.
Serve with additional cheese, chopped cilantro and tortilla chips for dipping if desired.
- Annie Block, Vice President