ZAP Bites: Garlic-Lemon Salmon
Lately, I’ve been obsessed with those quick recipe videos that pop-up on my Facebook feed from sites like Delish, Tastemade or Food52. One of my favorite weeknight dinners that I’ve actually made is inspired by Delish’s recipe for Garlic-Lemon Salmon. It’s light, refreshing and packed with flavor!
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 2 6-oz salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 3 c. baby spinach or arugula
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. Add salmon and cook until golden, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to plate.
- Add remaining olive oil to skillet. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute, then add lemon juice and zest and bring to a simmer. Stir in lemon slices and spinach or arugula and let cook down until wilted, 2 minutes.
- Return salmon to skillet and combine.
- Add freshly ground pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Serve over a bed of quinoa or rice.
Stephanie Reay, Account Supervisor