ZAP BITES: Picnic Pasta Salad
What's a picnic with out pasta salad? With Labor Day weekend only a few days away, we're showing how you can make a classic pasta salad with our friends over at Fresh Thyme Farmer's Market for your end of summer BBQ. It only takes a total time of 30 min - perfect for any of us who are on the go and busy working a full day during the week.
Now, who's ready to get started?
- 4 oz. rigatoni pasta
- ½ cup Fresh Thyme Garlic Italian dressing
- 2 cups packed arugula
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ cup sliced red onion
- ½ cup mozzarella pearls
- 3 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
- Prepare pasta per package directions; let cool.
- In six 12-oz. Mason jars, layer dressing, cooked pasta, arugula, basil, tomatoes, red onion, mozarella, and prosciutto. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours until ready to serve.
- Each serving contains: 234 calories, 15 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 18 mg cholesterol, 518 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 9 g protein. Daily values: 12% vitamin A, 7% vitamin C, 4% calcium, 5% iron
*This recipe is from Fresh Thyme Farmer's Market. Find more info here.