2009 IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER
With 2008 winding down, it might be a good time to reflect on the year that has been. But I am not like that! In the spirit of Zapwater's Holiday Card, I am ready to burst into 2009. It will be a very busy year and I already have much on the agenda. Here are some of the things (some of which didn't make it on to the holiday card) that I am looking forward to in 2009:
1) My parents will both be 60 in 2009. I plan on taking them on a trip to mark this occasion. It will be a place they both enjoy dearly.
2) A new President will be in office! I am thankful and eager to see how President-Elect Obama handles the challenges of running this country.
3) The New York Rangers returning to Chicago to face the Blackhawks. I will finally have an opportunity to see my hometown team play here in Chicago.
4) My friend's November wedding in Rincon, Puerto Rico. It will be a perfect escape before the winter descends.
5) The return of the band Phish. I don't know if I am more excited to see these guys in concert again or to just go to several shows with old friends.
So if you had the blues in 2008, it is time to move forward and push on. 2009 is near and I for one can’t wait. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
John H. Delaney
Special Projects/Office Manager