ZAP Refresh: 5 Fall Skincare Tips for Fall
As the seasons start to change in Chicago and the air begins to get dry, so does your skin. I am a sucker for the fall weather because I get to layer on the chunky sweaters, scarves and boots. Just because my skin is covered by the comfy clothes, doesn’t mean I can slack on protecting it from the colder weather!
When it comes to my skincare products, I wish I could afford the high-end serums and cleansers, but with a college student budget, it isn’t that easy. Our client, Advanced Clinicals, carries a variety of creams, serums and problem-solvers at an affordable price. Advanced Clinicals helps you tackle those problem areas and ensure that your skin is rich with moisturize as we head into the colder months!
Here are a few skincare tips to prep you for the upcoming seasons:
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! The absolute number one tip is to make sure you have your bases covered with a go-to moisturizer that is rich with ingredients to lather on your skin at any time of day. The Argan Oil Intensive Beauty Cream smells fresh and doesn’t go greasy on the skin. Plus, it’s great to use on your static and frizzy hair in the winter!
- Use a serum. People might think that serums are too oily for your skin and clog your pores, but it’s actually the opposite! Living in Chicago, we don’t get much Vitamin D resulting in dull skin. Applying the Collagen Instant Plumping Serum before your moisturizer will provide volume and increase the appearance of bright and full skin.
- Wrinkle Erasers. It’s never too early to start using anti-wrinkle creams. After endless days in the summer sun and long days at work, we begin to stress out and notice the lines on our forehead. You’ll go to sleep feeling refreshed after using the Wrinkle Repair Retinol Night Cream that will help minimize and smooth those fine lines, while nourishing the skin with Avocado Oil and Chamomile Extract.
- Vitamin C please! Fall tends to be dark, cold and wet meaning we don’t see too much sun in the Midwest. You need natural vitamins to give your skin that boost it needs. The Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Cream not only moisturizes the skin, but reduces dark spots and blotchy skin. It’s also great for scars and stretch marks!
- Take care of your feet! When you’re not wearing sandals all the time, it’s hard to make it to the nail salon for a pedicure. You’re constantly on your feet, suffocating them in your favorite boots. Treat yourself at home with the Total Foot Renew softener that is soothing and hydrating for your cuticles, heels and toes. Give your feet some love too!
Elly Hayn, Fall 2016 Intern