ZAP Bites: Spice Up Your Life with Latinicity
Latinicity, the much-anticipated Latin-inspired food hall is set to open its doors to the public on November 5th! Brought to you by Chef Richard Sandoval and Chef Jose Garces, the marketplace is located in the Loop at Block 37. It will feature 12 eateries, a tapas restaurant, wine bar, café and market – all of which represent the flavors of Latin America, Spain and Portugal.
We couldn’t be more excited to be working with the Latinicity team on the opening! Here’s a sneak peak of the different eateries throughout the space:
- TORTAS & COCAS – Enjoy artisanal Latin soft flatbread sandwiches filled with ingredients like carne asada, braised short-rib and wild mushrooms.
- CHAUFA – Indulge in Peruvian, Chinese and Japanese styles of stir-fry blended with a choice of seasoned meat, grilled vegetables, fried rice, egg and rice noodles, and more.
- SALADERO LATIN GRILL – Indulge in a choice of grilled or smoked meats – like Argentinian style pork bondiola and house made chorizo sausage – along with an assortment of sides ranging from caramelized plantain to patatas bravas with smoked paprika aioli.
- ENSALADAS – Build a custom salad with fresh ingredients and artisan dressings or choose from one of Latinicity’s chef-prepared creations topped with a protein or built vegetarian.
- SUSHI AND CEVICHE – A unique fusion between Peruvian ceviche and Japanese sushi brings together unexpected spices and flavors in a variety of traditional dishes like Tuna Nikkei, Ceviche Classico and Latin inspired sushi rolls.
- MARISCOS – Savor a crispy fish dish, like the chicharron de camarones, or enjoy fresh oysters on the half shell from the raw bar.
- MACHEFE TAQUERIA – Latinicity’s design-your-own Mexican restaurant offers customizable soups, stews, tacos, burritos, nachos or quesadillas – all including a selection of proteins and finishes.
- BURGUESA – All-American burgers, hot dogs and French fries adopt a Latin spirit with flavorful sauces, cheeses and breads.
- COFFEE SHOP, FRUITS & SMOOTHIES, DESSERTS AND COFFEE – Whether craving a cup of Mexican hot chocolate or a watermelon agua fresca, Latinicity offers a multitude of both hot and cold beverage options, in addition to satisfying a sweet tooth with pastries and muffins, palletas and soft-serve ice cream plus toppings.
- PATA NEGRA – The full-service Latinicity tapas restaurant offers both globally inspired tapas as well as a cheese and charcuterie.
- TROLLIES AND RETAIL MERCHANDISE – Stroll through Latinicity and discover carts and retail areas stocked with specialty products from Spain, Portugal and Latin America with everything from food items to clothing and crafts.
- LONCHERIA BY LATINICITY – Located on the lower level of Block 37 in the commuter pedway, Loncheria by Latinicity is a quick-service restaurant open for breakfast lunch and dinner. Enjoy gourmet dining on-the-go, with options like rotisserie chicken, fresh-cut salads, sandwiches and wraps, tacos and dessert. Call ahead and pick-up to avoid the line!
Visit www.latinicity.com for more information and stop by next Thursday, November 5 to check it out for yourself!
-Stephanie Reay, Senior Publicist