Meet Team ZAP: Maya McDonald
Maya McDonald joined the Zapwater team as a Senior Social Media Manager in February to lead social media for our clients. As a self proclaimed social media junkie, Maya’s been working in social for the last 5 years with clients like Johnson & Johnson, McDonald’s, and more – and she’s excited to work with local and national brands with Zapwater! When she’s not tweeting the deets, she can be found working on her personal blog, Charmingly Styled (a Chicago based life + style blog), her creative lifestyle site Wandeleur and working with various online publications like Women’s Health, Beauty Bets and more. Whenever she gets a chance to escape her computer, you can find her wandering around new neighborhoods of Chicago with a large caramel latte in hand taking way too many Instagram photos.
To get to know more about Maya, here are a few of her favorite things!
- Flower: Peonies
- Drink of Choice: White wine or a large caramel latte
- Style Icon: Olivia Palermo
- Most Prized Possession: A Gucci scarf of the Lyric Opera fire curtain hanging in my bedroom
- I love: my family – they’re the best.
- My personal heroes are: My parents! They’re the best people I know, and they’re always there to lend and ear and give good advice.
- I’m watching: Scandal and How to Get Away with Murder. Can’t stop, won’t stop.
- Last splurge: A pair of Madewell flats I lost on a work trip!
- My Guilty pleasure: Instagram…I have a problem.
- Favorite vacation spot: Paris in the spring
- I’m afraid of: Living an un-adventrous life.
- If I had a warning label, it would say: Coffee before talkie!