LIFE IS A PICNIC
Park Grill’s very own Park Café is pleased to unveil special take-out picnic packages available now. Whether patrons are looking to sit lakeside and catch some rays, take unforgettable pictures by Chicago’s “bean” or listen to a concert in Millennium Park, these baskets are perfect for every outdoor occasion. Park Café offers an array of American cuisine and has created several mouth-watering packages such as:
· Park and Play ($8.75): This basket is made for tots and features items such as PB and Grape Jelly Crustables, a Bag of Chips, and Chocolate Chip Cookie.
· Picnic for Two ($38.00): An ideal package for a romantic dinner, couples can indulge in this delicious package. It includes the Cheese Board with Imported and Local Artesian Cheeses with Dried Fruits, Candied Walnuts and Fresh Berries. As well as, Hummus, Olive Oil Dip, Market Vegetables with Spinach Artichoke Dip, Curry Chicken Salad with Poached Chicken Breast, Raisin Pecan Toast and Bibb Lettuce and Seasonal Fruit.
· The Bean ($12.95): Perfect for families gallivanting in Millennium Park or area museums, this basket includes your choice of appetizing sandwiches such as Smoked Turkey on a Country Baguette, Ham and Gruyere on a Pretzel Roll and Fresh Mozzarella and Roma Tomato with Pesto Spread on Herb Focaccia in addition to a Bag of Chips, Chocolate Chip Cookie or Seasonal Fruit and a drink.
· Millennium Meal ($18.50): Featuring your choice of a starter and signature sandwich along with a dessert such as Triple Vanilla Cheesecake, Carrot Butterscotch Cupcake or Chocolate Chip Cookie.
· Party Packs ($24-$84): Convenient packaging for easy pick-up and picnicking for larger groups, these baskets serve parties of a dozen or more and feature sandwiches and salads, including Basil Pesto Pasta Salad and Toasted Israeli Couscous and Seasonal Vegetables with Lemon Dressing, or Hummus and Olive Dip, Seasonal Fruit, Market Vegetables with Spinach & Artichoke Dip and a variety of desserts. All made for larger quantity orders, the party packs are a great way to entertain outdoors with no hassle!
For a quainter picnic package, select items and snacks will be offered a la carte. Drinks are also included in various packages or individually and include, Dasani bottled water ($3.25) and Bottled Soft Drinks ($3.25).
With attractions such as the Great Performers of Illinois series (more than 50 musicians performing rock, folk and pop at Millennium Park from July 9 -11) or the Grant Park Music Festival (the nation’s only free, outdoor classical music series with performances June 16 – Aug. 21), Park Café’s picnic baskets are an easy way to dine outdoors while enjoying a favorite activity or Chicago’s magnificent skyline. So pick up a basket, lay out a checkered blanket and enjoy a favorite pastime courtesy of Park Café.
Picnic Baskets at Park Café can be purchased by phone at (312) 521-7276 x200 or online at www.parkgrillchicago.com/cafe. All orders must be placed by 10 a.m. with a minimum of 24 hours notice. For more information, please visit www.parkgrillchicago.com/cafe.
Kassy Reiff Senior Publicist