Around Town: Winter Food and Drink Festivals in Chicago
What’re some fun things to do around Chicago in winter? I often times find myself bored on the weekends. Don’t get me wrong, I love spending my free time with friends, trying a new local hotspot or walking the lakefront, but it’s nice to attend different events around Chicago to get yourself out of the so-called “winter slump.”
There are so many fun festivals that take place in Chicago even in the winter time that many folks don’t know about. Here’s a list of different food and drink festivals that will be taking place around Chicago in February and March this year. I challenge you to check at least one of them out!
- Chicago Whiskey & Wine Festival | Saturday, February 18th | $40-$60
- River North Whiskey Festival | Saturday, February 18th, 1-4 p.m. | $50-$60
- Ramenfest | Sunday, February 19th | $75-$100, proceeds benefit Inspiration Kitchens
- Frost Fest Craft Beer Festival | Saturday, February 25th | $35
- Chicago's Best Wingfest | Sunday, March 5th | $50-$100
- Good Food Festival | Saturday, March 18th | FREE
- Baconfest Chicago | Friday, March 31st 7-10 p.m. & Saturday, April 1st noon-3 p.m. | $100-$200, tickets benefit the Greater Chicago Food Depository
You can find a full list of events with details here.
Sally Carpenter, Assistant Publicist