Around Town: A First-In-Class Choice for Childcare/Preschool
As a working mom of two little girls, one of the toughest decisions for my kids – and also a top priority – is childcare and education. There are a variety of options, from in-home sitters and daycares to childcare centers and preschools, and deciding on the best choice for your family often takes hours, days and even months of researching, interviewing, touring, checking references and more.
For moms and dads looking for immediate care or starting the process for fall childcare/preschool enrollment, I couldn’t be more thrilled to help make this process a little easier for you, and encourage you to check out The Gardner School [client]. The Gardner School (TGS), with five easily accessible Chicagoland locations – Naperville, West Loop, Glenview-Northbrook, Bucktown, Oakbrook (opened in May!) and Lincoln Park opening early 2015 – is a first-in-class choice families can count on.
Dubbed the “Princeton of Preschools,” TGS is an award-winning, academically focused private preschool offering early childhood educational programs for children ranging in age from 6 weeks to five-years-old (private pre-kindergarten). New this fall, they’ll be offering private kindergarten at the Glenview-Northbrook and Naperville locations.
What I love about TGS:
- They’re committed to redefining early childhood education by providing a rich learning environment that will stimulate each child’s physical, social, emotional and intellectual growth. A careful blend of traditional- and Montessori-styles of learning create a unique learning atmosphere that balances child- and teacher-directed educational activities. Understanding that each child learns at his or her own pace, TGS’s teaching philosophy incorporates structured play, while remaining flexible enough to foster individual self-discovery.
- They’re focused on faculty. They go to great lengths to ensure that all teachers meet the qualifications set by the state and complete extensive training and orientation programs. The TGS degreed and highly qualified teachers are carefully selected based upon education, previous teaching experience, love of children and the ability to bond and effectively communicate with their students.
- They’re focused on family and school-day enrichment. Knowing that many families who choose TGS are dual-working households, TGS offers a suite of enrichment programs during the day to not only enhance each child’s unique abilities and stimulate a well-rounded education, but also to help families maximize their time together in the evenings and on the weekends.
- They offer unparalleled facilities educationally engineered to foster discovery, creativity and exploration, including a dedicated cafeteria, covered indoor play area, computer lab, and enrichment studio. Parents are afforded peace of mind by the school’s strict safety and security features, including a closed-circuit camera system and unique PIN-codes for entry.
To help you in your search, check out this comprehensive checklist of what questions to ask/what to look for when visiting a potential childcare center/preschool, provided by TGS.
- Alana Horinko, Vice President