ZAP WANDERLUST: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
If you’re looking for a quick and fun getaway from Chicago, look no further than the Kimpton Journeyman Hotel, a 158-room boutique hotel located in Milwaukee’s Historic Third Ward. The Journeyman draws inspiration from the vibrant arts and culture district and is the only hotel in the neighborhood. Ranked as one of the top hotels in the Midwest by publications like U.S. News & World Report and Condé Nast Traveler, the hotel goes above and beyond to make the Milwaukee experience feel like home.
The Kimpton Journeyman is an incredible summer vacation or staycation, destination. It offers a variety of great amenities, including:
- The Outsider: The Journeyman boasts one of the best rooftop bars in all of Milwaukee, The Outsider. The stunning views from the top of the hotel are unmatched in all of the city, and there is nothing like watching the sun set while drinking a craft cocktail like Toucan House Rules and sampling the crispy pork belly tacos.
- Comfortable Rooms: Of course, summer is never about staying inside. But, the Kimpton Journeyman presents luxury living-- exactly what you need after a long, hot day of summer activities! Kick back and relax with a Cutwater Canned cocktail while you watch the lights of the city from a beautifully decorated, craftsman-style room.
- Delicious Dining: The Journeyman also features the Tre Rivali restaurant, which is overseen by Executive Chef Heather Terhune, “Top Chef” alum. Offering American dining with a Mediterranean flair, Tre Rivali gives guests the chance to have a five-star dining experience without ever leaving the hotel.
Milwaukee is a vibrant city year-round, but it really comes to life during the summer months! The city also has entertainment and leisure options that guests can experience during their stay:
- Summerfest: Each year, people flock to Milwaukee for the annual “Summerfest” a music festival hosted from June 27-July 8, which will feature Imagine Dragons, Florida Georgia Line, Blake Shelton, and The Weeknd amongst many others. The Journeyman is the perfect place to stay and enjoy the city! After a long day at the festival, there is nothing like relaxing in the hotel’s gorgeous lobby or on the expansive rooftop bar.
- Beer Gardens: Milwaukee is home to some of the best beer gardens in the Midwest, and The Journeyman is central to each! The Hubbard Park Beer Garden, Estabrook Park Beer Garden, The Landing at Hoyt Park and the Croatian Park Beer Garden are all proximate to the hotel, making it easy to hit any (or all) of them during your stay.
- Farmer’s Markets: Wisconsin produces so much incredible, fresh food that just one farmer’s market isn’t enough! Check out the Cathedral Square Farmer’s Market and Fondy Farmer’s Market on Saturday morning from 9-noon. Sounds like the perfect chill-morning outing… Maybe after a 2.5-3-mile run around Milwaukee?
Just a 2 hour drive from the city, don’t miss visiting Milwaukee and the Journeyman this summer!