ZAP Bites: Coconut Cream Poke Cake
Whether you’re entertaining friends at your home or need a dish to bring to a potluck, you can’t go wrong with dessert. One of my favorites for spring is this coconut cream poke cake. It’s light, refreshing, and delicious to enjoy alongside the warm weather. An added bonus? It's quite easy to make! If you love coconut, you're sure to enjoy this cake.
- 1 package white cake mix, plus ingredients on box to make cake
- 1 14 oz. can cream of coconut
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 8 oz. container Cool Whip
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for a 9x13 inch cake.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk together.
- Remove cake from oven and place on a cooling rack. While still hot, use a skewer or fork to poke holes all over the top of the cake.
- Spoon the cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk mixture over the cake while it is still hot.
- Let cake cool completely. Top with whipped topping and shredded coconut.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight before serving.
Recipe and image via My Baking Addiction.
Meghan McAllister, Spring 2017 Intern