ZAP Style Notes: Summer Travel Essentials
It’s that time of the year when we’ve had time to enjoy the beauty of summer in Chicago but we’re all itching to get out of the city for quieter beaches, fewer tourists, and quality time with friends and family. Lakeside, MI is my destination of choice for long, quiet weekends this time of year and these are the 5 things I can’t leave the home without.
Photos via Essie, Birdies Slippers, Anthropologie, Sunday Riley and Barnes & Noble
- Pretty Polish: I could easily go through an entire bottle this summer- I can’t get enough of Peach Side Babe by Essie. It’s the perfect creamy shade that’s not too bright, but exudes summer.
- Stylish Slippers: Whether I’m traveling by car or plane, the first thing I want to do is kick off my strappy sandles and be comfortable. Birdies have instantly made me look less frumpy and more poised by wearing them while traveling. I keep a pair of the Blackbird style in my car at all times so I’m never without.
- Trendy Sweater: I am always freezing in air conditioning and this sweater is the perfect companion for me. This one from Anthropologie at Block37, is light weight for the summer months and keeps me comfortable when the AC is blasting.
- Sunscreen: As I start to get older, the more I've appreciated the value of a good sunscreen. This sunscreen by Sunday Riley is 100% mineral sun protection from titanium dioxide and provides weightless hydration without any white streaks or typical oiliness.
- A Good Book: After spending the majority of the workweek staring at a screen, my eyes are in dire need of a rest by the time the weekend rolls around. Nothing is more relaxing while traveling than hearing the sound of the pages turning. Currently, I’m finally getting the chance to read The Rainbow Comes and Goes by Anderson Cooper and Gloria Vanderbilt.
Grace Marsh, Senior Publicist