ZAP Wanderlust: Serbia
Continuing to evolve as an agency that focuses on travel and tourism in addition to lifestyle, hospitality and consumer interest, Zapwater was retained as the PR agency of choice by the National Tourism Organization of Serbia to lead the first US group press trip to Serbia October 2 through October 7. As many would imagine, this first group press trip was the opportunity of a lifetime to explore the historical attractions, learn about the culture, traditions and people living in this often misinterpreted country in the Balkans.
Air Serbia relaunched its flight service from John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York to Nikola Tesla Airport in Belgrade after a 24 year hiatus on June 23, 2016 with flights operated five times a week. Air Serbia provided business class seats to all six attending journalists including two Zapwater team members. The direct flight lasted approximately 8 ½ hours to Belgrade and left the attendees wanting more. From the impeccable service provided by the flight attendants to the endless menu options serving traditional Serbian cuisine with a modern twist and Serbian wines, Air Serbia’s business class seats and service are quite incomparable.
Throughout the duration of the trip, the attendees were accommodated at Metropol Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel in Belgrade that previously welcomed guests such as Sofia Loren, Robert De Niro, Elizabeth Taylor, Louis Armstrong and more.
A glimpse into the itinerary:
- Walking tour of Knez Mihailova, Kosancicev Venac, Republic Square & Terazije Square
- Guided Tour of Belgrade Fortress
- Lunch at Novak Djokovic Restaurant
- Rakia Bar Tour
- Dinner in Skadarlija
- Visit to Royal Palace & White Palace
- Visit to Petar Lubarda’s art studio
- Visit to House of Flower’s & Tito’s Memorial
- Visit to Nikola Tesla Museum
- Tour of Sava Mala District & Belgrade Waterfront
- Sightseeing of Zemun
- Wine tasting at Winery Zivanovic
- Sightseeing of Novi Sad & visit to Petrovaradin Fortress
The group had the opportunity to meet with Dane Kondic, CEO of Air Serbia, to discuss the idea and inspiration behind the newly designed plane and flight service.
Neda Bencun, Publicist