Our Favorite Menu Items at Latinicity
Latinicity, the Latin-inspired experiential dining marketplace from Richard Sandoval Restaurants and the Jose Garces Group, opened its doors at Block 37 on Thursday, November 5th and has already been touted as one of the best new restaurants in Chicago this year!
While a bit biased, we truly believe the menu at Latinicity is like no other – after all, there are more than 100 different options! It’s our New Year’s resolution to try them all but in case you don’t have the same aspirations, see below for a few of our favorites:
- Mexico Dog: The Latinicity Mexico Dog is the ultimate in indulgence – it’s a bacon-wrapped Vienna hot dog, smoked chili mayo, black bean puree and coleslaw.
- Chicken Mole Cazuela: The Chicken Mole Cazuela comes from the Machefe Taqueria and is served with Mexican rice, black beans and a tortilla.
- Cubano Torta: A fiesta of flavors makes up the Cubano Torta with pit ham, carnitas, pickles, Swiss cheese and habanero mustard.
- Build-Your-Own Salad: The Ensaladas bar is completely customizable – choose a lettuce mix, add toppings (choose from 17 different options!), mix-in a dressing and finish with a protein, like garlic shrimp, marinated hanger steak, grilled salmon or grilled chicken breast.
- Churrasco Grilled Meat: The Saladero Latin Grill has something for everyone, but our favorite is the 8oz. Churrasco Grilled Meat – we like to add a side of caramelized plantain with honey-chipotle butter for something sweet, too.
Looking for a different perspective? PureWow also shared their five favorite dishes here! Let us know which you like best in the comments section.
Allie Duncan, Publicist