ZAP Bites: Delish, Made-from-Scratch Holy Omega Granola Bars
Made from scratch/homemade snacks and recipes are at the tipping point of going from on-trend to mainstream, especially for health and food enthusiasts who prioritize eating a natural, wholesome and functional diet – free of processed foods and ingredients. In particular, one snack item that seems to be all the rage right now are homemade granola bars, given the combination for ingredients (e.g. fruit, nuts, seeds and more) are endless, they’re simple to make, are portable and can be eaten at any time of day – breakfast, snack/pre-workout, etc.
Chef Suzy Singh, Corporate R&D Chef for NOW Foods, a natural products manufacturer based in Chicago (and client!), created a no-hassle “Holy Omega Granola Bar” that’s pretty incredible, and features non-GMO, trending ingredients, such as Agave Nectar for a natural sweetener and binder.
This is not to be missed, and one batch creates a great snack for the next few weeks. Enjoy!
Holy Omega Granola Bars!
- ¼ cup NOW Real Food® White Chia Seed Meal
- ¼ cup NOW Real Food® Golden Flax Seed Meal
- 1¼ cup water
- 1 cup NOW Real Food® Nuts About Berries
- 1 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Shredded Coconut
- 1 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Rolled Oats
- ½ NOW Real Food® Organic Pine Nuts
- ½ cup NOW Real Food® Organic Amber Agave Nectar
- ¼ cup NOW Real Food® Triple Omega Seed Mix
- 1 tbsp NOW Sports® Sprouted Brown Rice Protein
1) Preheat oven to 400 F (375 F convection). Line quarter sheet pan with parchment paper.
2) In large bowl combine flax seed meal, chia seed meal, and brown rice protein with 1¼ cup of water.
3) Stir for 3 minutes or until mixture thickens to a gel like consistency.
4) Add all ingredients and mix until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
5) Spread mixture onto sheet pan using dough scraper until height of granola bars are ½ inch tall.
6) Place in oven for 25 minutes.
7) Allow granola to cool for 30 minutes or until it has firmed but still is soft to the touch.
8) Cut into 4 inch bars and serve cooled. Store in air tight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Alana Horinko, Vice President