Around Town: Take a Vacation in Your Own City, Chicago Edition
Stay at a hotel Indulge and treat yourself by staying at a luxurious hotel for your ‘vacation’. Who doesn’t enjoy wearing those fluffy robes and ordering late night room service? Check out a few of these cool hotels.
- Virgin Hotel Chicago
- This brand new hotel has re-imagined what a hotel should be, with unparalleled hospitality and quite possibly their best feature, eradication of minibar inflation.
- Dana Hotel and Spa
- A luxury boutique hotel and spa that serves your every need, the ultimate getaway!
- AC Hotel
- With an urban feel and European flair, this beautiful hotel is only steps from the Magnificent Mile!
Activities Be a true tourist in your own city by going to some of Chicago’s staples, and then venture into some that you would have never thought to explore.
- First stop, check out Gilt City Chicago to see all the great deals they have on activities. You’d be surprised on how much you can save on fun activities, like jet skis rentals and Cirque du Soleil shows!
- Explore Block Thirty Seven.Do the shopping that you never have time for, then grab a quick bite before heading to Millennium Park.
- Go to the Bean and snap a few selfies.
- Let’s go to the beach! Grab your favorite vineyard vines swimsuit and have an amazing time relaxing on North Avenue Beach.
- Crack open an Old Style beer at a Chicago Cubs game
- Book a day cruise with Entertainment Cruises to go out on Lake Michigan to enjoy a warm summer day with a few cocktails. Or even reserve a spot on a dinner cruise to enjoy a magical evening looking over Chicago’s twinkling skyline.
Grab a Great Steak Dinner Spoil yourself by grabbing a delicious steak dinner, we recommend making a reservation at either one of these two amazing restaurants
- Kaitlyn Wallace
Photo credit (in the order that they appear):
- Virgin Hotels, dana hotel and spa, AC Hotels Chicago Downtown