Around Town: 5 Things to Do This Winter in Chicago
When it comes to the Windy City, there is never a shortage of fun things to do every season. We've been lucky to have pretty great weather thus far, which definitely makes for our winter to-do list much easier to accomplish. From viewing holiday decorations to celebrating the new year in style, I've put together a five options you can do this winter in Chicago.
1. View the Lincoln Park Zoo Lights: Since it's not too cold just yet, try heading over to the Lincoln Park Zoo to view their holiday lights starting at 4:30PM. It's free and a great activity everyone in the family will enjoy.
2. Visit Chriskindlmarket: Grab your friends and head on over to Daley Plaza for the 20th annual Chriskindlmarket for traditional German American decor and treats. If you're too cold, you can head over to Block 37 to finish up your last minute holiday shopping right across the street!
3. Ice Skate at Millennium Park/Maggie Daley Park: The Chicago Christmas tree moved over to Millennium Park this year. Head over to have a look at the beautiful decorations and then, take a spin around the ice rink at either Millennium or Maggie Daley Park!
4. Indulge in a Holiday Brunch: What's better than celebrating the season than with festive treats? During the month of December, stop by freestyle food + drink at the dana hotel and spa for their Gingerbrunch. Sip on mimosas while decorating the perfect Gingerbread House. If you'd rather skip the house building, take a seat at Miss Ricky's at Virgin Hotels Chicago for their Candy Cane Lane Milk Shake (available until Dec 25th).
5. Celebrate 2016 in Style: Chicago is launching the first ever Chi-Town Rising with musical guests and a grand display of fireworks this year. But, if you're looking for something fun to do on the lake while staying warm, Entertainment Cruises is offering a dinner cruise with a full menu and fireworks display. Make sure to check it out when planning your NYE!
Katie Niemiec, Assistant Publicist
Images via Lincoln Park Zoo, Maggie Daley Park and Chriskindlmarket