How to Make a Flower Crown with The Outsider
Ready for summer in Milwaukee? The Outsider sure is! Last week, the Third Ward rooftop hosted a flower crown class with Milwaukee-based florist, La Tulipe Designs. The event invited Milwaukee’s top influencers and bloggers to enjoy a beautiful evening al fresco, and learn to make flower crowns and The Outsider’s signature summer cocktails while enjoying delicious bites
The event was a perfect kick off to summer and celebration of the 50th Anniversary of Summerfest, “The World’s Largest Music Festival” located just a short walk from The Journeyman Hotel at Henry Maier Park.
- Floral Wire
- Floral Wire Cutters
- Greenery (we used Eucalyptus)
- Flowers of your choice (we used a combination of peonies, ranunculus and more!)…and you can even use faux!
- Take your greenery and form a circular shape. Hold it over the top of your head to see how larger or small you need to make it. Wrap floral wire around the edge to hold the greenery in shape.
- Now it’s time to add your flowers. To attach each, you want to have at least 3 inch long stems and attach by wrapping the stem and crown with floral wire. You’ll want to wrap it around a few times to ensure it stays and then you can cut off an extra wire or stem! It’s your choice how you want to place the flowers but you can continue to place and wrap.
- What we learned: 1. there is no wrong way to make a flower crown - they all turned out beautiful. 2. Practice makes perfect…and we love practicing this sweet skill!
Carly Kuikman, Senior Publicist